22.3.09

On Blogging

So I decided to start a blog. A real one. This has a multiple-fold purpose:

1) Organize my thoughts. "I have an opinion ..." has been my mantra for a very long time. I can think of very few subjects, items, people, topics, or conversational centerpieces that I do not have an opinion on ("The Venture Brothers" is one, as a note). So I have decide that I will start doing a blog. I have no clue how blogs become popular, but I hope I generate some steam. Or at least SOMEONE reads, though that is not a primary purpose here.

2) Keep myself writing. I want to be a writer. Of many things. Poetry, theatre, short stories, novels, fiction, comic books, essays, editorials, critiques. MANY things. This is a way to keep my brain working, my fingers moving, and my words flowing. If I can write a blog at least every other day, then I'll be able to continue on.

Sidebar: What will I be writing about? Well, whatever the mood strikes me as during the day. Sometime during the day, hopefully, someone will spark an interesting topic, that will send me reeling. And there is the gold, the magic, the chutzpah. Well, maybe not chutzpah, but you catch my drift.

3) To express myself. I have noticed that - obviously - different people have different coping methods. Such as my wife, Rachel, is a "bottler." To cope with situations beyond her control, she takes everything she feels and bottles it down into her. Now, regardless of the effectiveness of this technique, it is still a technique. Writing and talking are how I cope. If I am pissed, I have to say it, or write it. Then I'm very rarely still pissed. It's a thing. And that's what blogs are for, right?

4) Because. There is a bandwagon. I would like to be on it.

I am sure there are more reasons I can think of, but for a first post, an introduction to no one, there seems to truely be no point in continuing at the moment. So I shan't.

1 comment:

  1. I swear You write some of the most interesting things ... I hate to write... I like the art side of things... You are an amazing writer... Hope you and Rachel are doing great! Would like to hear from you every now and then...

    -Shanon

    ReplyDelete